Pages

Sunday 29 October 2017

A Bird for the Playground

Time to visit the Playground again with a snippets card and as usual there is a super prize on offer and in fact this time around it looks as if there could be a double win.  I've used some large and small snippets for this card but apart from the card blank I've not cut into any new pieces.  The background is from a Prima pad which I've had quite a long time and I always save the left over pieces at the back so that I can use them for another project.  The bird was built up using some snippets of cream card using a bird die and a 3D embossing folder.  I started with the bird and wing shapes which I then embossed; the next move was to emboss some more pieces of cream card so that I could fussy cut (with scissors) the flourish areas to form the elaborate tail feathers.  Gold gilding wax was rubbed lightly over to bring out the detail before assembling the final bird and adding a gem for the eye.  I found some snippets of brown card from which I cut and embossed a border strip and also the sentiment.  Do take a look to see the clever card Di has made this time using a number stamp and some of own snippets - a great idea.


Background Paper - Prima
Border - embossing folder from Crafter's Companion
Bird die - from Crafter's Companion
Embossing Folder - 3D folder from Crafter's Companion
Sentiment - die from Crafter's Companion

12 comments:

  1. WOW the bird looks simply fascinating with the texture !!
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, Val. The bird is stunning! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Val,
    what a stunning and striking snippets creation.
    I love that wonderful embossed bird it is so striking and luxurios looking almost like satin or silk.
    Wonderful design.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Val. You've done it again. Fabulous card and I do have this folder but the bird looks wonderful. Enjoy your Day. Hugs Rita xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a stunning card Val, I love the bird that you've created with the die and the embossing folder.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Val this is fabulous and such a great idea creating the bird from the embossing folder something I want to try...

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! This is absolutely stunning Val - LOVE the bird, so, so beautifully made. As Jenny L says, the bird looks as if it's made from satin.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that bird, all the texture is just beautiful... its a work of art x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fantastic card Val. Very clever indeed! Your bird is stunning. Great work! Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh I totally missed this one. I love, love the detailing on your bird. Fantastic result. Hugs Mrs A .

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your exotic bird Val - what a fabulous card! x Anne

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is beautiful, it looks quilted. I can see it must have taken a while but the result is wonderful (and award winning!). A brilliant idea. x

    ReplyDelete