Pages

Tuesday 12 September 2017

One for the Box

This is another card to go into the box for some future occasion.  I thought I'd get in a bit more practise by working a pierced and cutwork edge onto a piece of parchment before adding a design in the centre.  I decided to work in that order so that if the edge went totally wrong I wouldn't waste any work done on a design as it seems to be really easy to pierce holes in the wrong place (for me anyway!!).  However it appears to have worked reasonably well so I built up a design using a selection of Groovi plates and  simply layered it onto some coloured background with a darker layer underneath to frame the whole thing.  I'm finding that parchment work is, for me, the new 'colouring in' as a mindful and relaxing exercise and of course involves a bit of thought when it comes to building up a 'picture' or design.


8 comments:

  1. Wow, this is stunning Val, I love the design on the parchment and the gorgeous paper underneath too.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Val...I don't find it easy using the grid and counting either but your boards looks fine to me

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its beautiful, I particularly like the feathers they look so delicate, a very pretty card x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Val,
    what an excellent card and your work is so lovely and elegant.
    Beautiful work and such a very pretty card.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the way you put this together and those edges look fantastic! I really like when you do parchment images - this suncatcher looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous, Val! I'm so impressive with your beautiful parchment work!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful work on the velum. Your card is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a stunning card Val. The border is so neat. Great work. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete