Pages

Thursday 3 August 2017

Card for a Gent

I was awake at really silly o'clock today with no hope of dropping off again - trouble is that it feels like elevenses time already and makes for a long day.  I had an idea for this card while I was eating breakfast so my next move was into the craft room while it was still fresh in my head.  The background paper is from a pad which has been in my stash forever and the other elements are various die cuts and a bit of computer work for the 'birthday' word.  Once the pieces were cut it was just a case of assembling them into this 'card for a gent'.  Details of dies below as usual and now I think I'm off for my mid-morning coffee (early) and then maybe onto some boring domestic jobs.


Face - Looking Dapper dies from Sizzix onto Sizzix heart die shape
Splat - Splatter die from Sizzix
Happy Word - brush alphabet lower case dies from Sizzix
Birthday Word - produced on the computer and cut out with scissors
Banner - die from Stampin' Up embossed with Sizzix cogs die


6 comments:

  1. Great masculne card Val and a a brilliant 'light bulb' moment

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Val,
    what a veru wonderful card.
    I love your super design and the paper is so brilliant.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, a great idea for a card Val, this is great. I love the background paper.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great masculine card Val, love the layout! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. The gents face made from the heart shape die is a brilliant idea and lots fab. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous male card this is. A great idea and I love all the elements. Sorry you didn't sleep too well but something good came from it! Hugs, Barbxx

    ReplyDelete