Pages

Friday 28 July 2017

Gingerbread Family

Yesterday I die cut this little gingerbread family - cutting in kraft, blue and white before popping all the tiny details back into the kraft layer with the help of a 'sticky pick-up tool'.  This is a gadget for picking up small gems and the like and I'd completely forgotten about but it suddenly came into my mind that it could be handy for picking up really tiny die cut pieces and I was right YAY!!  Of course I didn't have such a tool but managed to source one on a favourite auction site and it arrived yesterday.

Once the family was ready I then had to decide how I was going to incorporate them into a card and here is what I've come up with.  Some printed background paper; a white border strip with stamped snowflakes; a die cut sentiment and a holographic snowflake which is actually silver but hasn't reproduced too well.  The sentiment was plain white card brushed with clear Wink of Stella which looks OK for real but again doesn't show up here.  As usual details of what I've used are below the picture.

I've just spotted a mention of the Rudolph Days challenge which is new to me but I think this card might fit the bill as apparently it is 'anything goes' as long as it's Christmas.


Background - from Artylicious Season's Greetings CD (probably no longer available)
White strip - edges cut with Die-namics stitched scallop edge
Snowflakes - stamps from a Phill Martin set in various sizes
Gingerbread People and Sentiment - Tonic dies
Large snowflake - Docrafts die

7 comments:

  1. I love your happy Gingerbread family Val. It's a lovely happy card. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is so sweet! What a sweet little gingerbread family.
    I think that was a brilliant idea to get that tool for grabbing all the fussy, wee pieces. I do know how much work that takes!

    Thanks for taking part in the July Rudolph Days Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that background Val just realised I've got that CD! Very happy looking gingerbread family makes a nice change for a Christmas image x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Christmas card, Val, I love your family of Gingerbread people. Thanks for the reminder of the 'sticky pick-up tool'. I have one that I occasionally use for picking up tiny pearls, but never thought to use it for inlaying tiny pieced of card. Brilliant idea! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your gingerbread family, they look real cute layered up with all those pretty snowflakes xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,
    what a very lovely card, and such sweet gingerbread people.
    Love your design and the bacground paper with the cutouts is fab.
    Thank you for joining the Rudolf Challenge.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. GD

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Gingerbread card Val they all very happy and a perfect background for them

    Anne

    ReplyDelete