Pages

Sunday 14 May 2017

Snippets Turned into More Snippets!

It is time for the fortnightly visit to the Pixie Snippets Playground again and this time I've actually gathered together some snippets and cut them into even smaller snippets!!  You might have guessed by now that I'm very fond of using the Pixie Powders for backgrounds and usually work on fairly large pieces of watercolour paper which I cut down as required until pretty well every scrap is used.The diagonal die was used to cut a purple layer and I then used the interior part to cut a piece of the 'pixied' paper, carefully saving all the little strips, chevrons and triangles.  The purple piece was put onto a background before popping all the coloured bits into the spaces - some would say I'm mad to fiddle with this I'm sure!!  The sentiment was stamped onto yet another snippet of the background paper and cut along with a purple layer using banner dies.  I'm also trying to use up the tail ends of lots of 6" paper pads and luckily this piece was just the right colour.  Finally a layered flower was die cut and apart from some really tiny pieces I've used all the Pixie paper with these colours.  Time for another sprinkling/spritzing session I think!

Do take a look to see what Di has made to inspire us and as usual she has given several tips on the best way to put the card elements together for a good result.


Main Die - Diagonal Chevron from Spellbinders
Banners - Sue Wilson dies
Flower - Sizzix die and Stampin' Up flower punches

4 comments:

  1. Wow Val, what a stunning card! Fabulous colours, I love that die and keep forgetting to get it out and play with it again! Great idea to use the Pixie powders for the background, come to think of it I have a feeling I've done similar with Brushos and this same die. And isn't it actually quite therapeutic popping all those pieces in place? :)

    Lovely to see you in the Playground bright and early today!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always seem to be commenting on colour - but it really is my thing and I think the colour combination you have used here is perfect! I love the Pixie Powder background. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great snippets card Val love the colours

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is such an effective use of that die - might be on a list now!

    ReplyDelete