Pages

Wednesday 4 January 2017

Study in Green

This is a card for my box but hoping I won't need to use it too soon although it is always handy to have this type of card ready to use.  The background was made by randomly stamping leaves onto a piece of cream card before popping  into a textured embossing folder, finally inking around the edges to emphasise the pattern.  I cut a border strip from some scraps of cream and green card, stamped more of the leaves which were cut out with scissors and then the main tree image was stamped (double stamping) and die cut.  Once all the components were completed I did my usual technique of playing around with various layouts until I thought it looked OK before finally sticking it all in place.


Tree - from Totally Trees stamp set Stampin' Up
Leaves - from French Foliage set also SU
Sentiment - from another SU stamp set cut with stitched shapes die
Background - Crafter's Companion textures embossing folder
Border - Lattice border dies Sue Wilson

4 comments:

  1. A beautiful card Val and perfect for a sympathy card too. I love the colour and the stamps you've used.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really beautiful card Val. I lovely the technique you used for the background and my favourite colour too. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A perfect sympathy card Val lovely design

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely combo of techniques Val, love those leaves!
    Val x

    ReplyDelete