Pages

Monday 21 November 2016

Pixie Snippets Playground

This week I'm taking  quilling to the Pixie Snippets Playground with something I took along to make at my weekly craft group last week and managed to complete yesterday.  I saw an article on the Quilling Guild website which inspired to make this little tea light table decoration.  Now that battery operated tea lights are so readily available there are many items made from paper or card which can safely be used whereas with the candle type great care is needed to ensure that the flame doesn't cause a fire.  In my opinion it would be nice if the battery ones could be made to look more like the candle type rather than the glaring white plastic appearance but I suppose they would cost too much to manufacture and anyway in many instances they aren't actually seen if they are inside something and used to give a 'glow'.

As always there is a lovely card for inspiration and a prize for the lucky person whose name is picked in the draw - so why not have a go or just make something and play along for fun; just follow the link.


7 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous table decoration for Christmas Val, I love it.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful piece of quilling, I've quilled in years past and still have the goodies... I think it's a beauty all its own.
    Must confess I did a double take on the candle among all that paper too!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Shaz in Oz.x

    {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally amazing. I bet that took considerable patience to make! Looks fab. I think Lakelands do some less plasticky look battery tea lights . . . as you mentioned it!

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous Val! You must have so much dexterity and patience to make such wonderful quilled goodies.

    There are some very realistic artificial candles (and I believe tealights) to be found but they're really expensive still. Some day I guess the price will come down - they operate with a little glow from within and a free form flame shape sort of dancing around on top. I'd seen them in Germany a few years ago and almost fainted at the price - then spotted similar ones when Len took me out to a local garden centre to cheer me up last week.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really lovely, so bright and eye-catching. You are very patient to fiddle with these little strips of paper, and very talented to get them all exactly the same. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Val! The gingerbread boy die set is made by Frantic Stamper. I had already listed that in the blog post but to be honest it's only the second one of their dies I've ever bought. The other one is Parsnip the Bear đŸ˜€ They both came from Once Upon A Stamp, although I ordered two of the gingerbread dies (back in April) they only ever had the one in stock, sigh. Was hoping to offer a second one as a prize of course. Have just spent ages searching online for same die with no luck. Closest is eBay and the seller is currently on holiday until 1st December.

    If you would like some made am more than happy to do that for you. They really are so cute!
    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a lovely idea Val and your quilling is perfect around your candle

    Anne

    ReplyDelete