Pages

Sunday 23 October 2016

Playground Time

Well I must say that the Snippets Challenge seems to come around so quickly but luckily my friend Anne delivered the goodies which had tempted me at the recent Stampin' Up event so I have something new to use which is always fun.  There were lots of jobs I should have been doing yesterday but once I'd had lunch I decided to have a little play to see what I could make with this stamp set and matching dies.  There is almost too much in these packets - no less than 37 stamps - and I found it difficult to choose which to start off with.  Eventually I settled on a straightforward jar of flowers which involved some double stamping and die cutting - of course using up snippets of card in the process.  Some larger snippets of design paper were used for the background and oddments of card for the corners and greeting.  I have a feeling that it might be a good idea to stamp and cut out a good selection of the jars, flowers and so on in this set so that I can then pick and choose, playing around until I come up with an interesting idea. Sometime when inspiration goes missing it is handy to have a selection of die cuts to 'audition' until something just looks right although I must say that many of my ideas come to mind when I'm out walking (and thinking).

Do take a look HERE to see what inspiration there is this week in the Playground where you can also check out last week's picks.


Jar of Flowers - Jar of Love set from Stampin' Up, stamps and dies
Label - Deco label  from SU embossed with Cuttlebug folder
Background papers - also Stampin' Up
Corner Punch - Stampin' Up

6 comments:

  1. Love what you've done with your stamp set Val your flowers are very pretty and look nice against your embossed background

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fantastic card using this wonderful SU set Val.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty Val. The perfect snippets cardtoo. I can see you making good use of this set. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks great Val. I have just put an SU order in so will be playing around with mine shortly too. I love the colour combo of your flowers. hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful jar of flowers. I know just what you mean about that SU set . . . I don't own it, but I have had a chance to play with it!

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this card Val - jars are so 'in' right now and this is perfect!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete