Pages

Sunday 24 July 2016

Snippets Playground

Another week has rushed by and my goodness it has been HOT - a bit too much so for comfort really although I imagine there are people who enjoy hot weather.  Anyway this means that it is time again to visit the Pixie Snippets Playground where the lovely Di has chosen some great picks from last week.  I'm not saying this because she was kind enough to include my card but there are others which illustrate some great techniques and ideas.  Alcohol ink seems to be back in vogue again but with some new paper which I've not yet come across and probably don't need although it always interesting to try new ideas (any excuse for a crafty shop).

This card was made a little while ago using up a stray image which was lying around together with some die cuts made from snippets of card.  I'm not sure how my pile of bits and pieces never seems to diminish even though I keep using them up!!  I'm aiming for a productive day today, hopefully using more scraps so that at least I should have something for the playground next week as well.


Image - Polkadoodles
Dies - circle from Tattered Lace, Lattice layers from Marianne
Sentiment - printed, cut out with bitty banner die from SU

4 comments:

  1. Pretty card Val and you've used one of my favourite dies

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. A stunning card Val, love the image and the colours you've used roo.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dies set off the image perfectly, making a very pretty design xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh this is so pretty Val! Wonderful dies and I love the soft and gentle image too.

    Yupo paper is apparently plasticised, that's what I imagine make the inks stay on the surface as they do and also stay so vibrant. I'm still resisting it though as I still haven't got to grips with Brushos here! My attempts look like someone threw mud onto paper! :( Sigh.

    Sorry I'm a bit late running round commenting.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete