Pages

Sunday 29 December 2013

Yellow Flower

It seems ages since I actually made a card and I seem to have lost momentum so I'm planning a bit of a tidy up in my room and then really must get down to using up some of my stash.  For the moment I've decided I don't need to buy anything more and have managed so far to resist all the offers which arrive daily from the various companies I deal with - not sure how long that resolution will last!!  This card was made before the Christmas rush began and I used a Marianne die set which really didn't need  much more to finish it off apart from the flower in the centre which was layered up using three ready-made flowers with a large brad in the centre (all from Papermania)..  A simple greeting produced on the computer and layered onto Cuttlebug die cut shapes and a piece of toning background paper completes the layout.

This will be another fragmented week with a Bank Holiday in the middle and I'm looking forward to normal weeks which start and finish on the right day.  Wishing everyone all the very best for 2014.


4 comments:

  1. Lovely card Val and like your colour combinations, that Marianne die is gorgeous

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely Card Val and well done on resisting all the sale offers. I am trying very hard to resist too as I really must use up what I already have. I'm really looking forward to making something that isn't Christmas related it seems that my crafting over recent weeks has only been for Christmas lol
    Wishing you a Happy, Healthy and Peaceful 2014
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking forward to some normality as well - I keep losing track of what day it is.
    Striking use of the yellow flower against the colour of those die-cuts. It's a delightful colour pallette altogether.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Val, sorry I've been a bad blogger recently (Jamie's been ill) but I'm really hoping things improve in the new year. I've so missed my crafting on a regular basis this past few months. I'm another one totally thrown by the mid week holidays. It's a total mix up with my brothers & what day someone is seeing Mum or taking her out and I was asking them for months, lol! Ah well, back to normal next week!

    Love your pretty card with that lovely die and gentle colours. I've not had time to look at the sales.....luckily! ;D

    Thank you for all your wonderful comments throughout the year. Have a lovely New Year Val and I wish you all the best for 2014.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete