Pages

Wednesday 15 May 2013

Another Literary Challenge

The challenge at Make My Monday this week is another literary one, this time the book is Jane Eyre.  Luckily we have been given a book cover as well as a brief outline of the story for inspiration and as you know I don't 'do' worthy literature so I've taken the book cover as my theme.  I realised when I was checking my box of cards that I was very short of Sympathy cards and I do like to keep a few to hand, hoping they won't be needed too often, so it is a case of 'two birds with one stone' today.  Backing paper is from Prima Script pad, the embossed panel is heavy watercolour paper embossed using a Cuttlebug folder which had been inked with Distress ink.  The cameo is a very old die from Quickcutz and is mounted onto a piece of black card embossed using a Sizzix oval tag folder (Stampin' Up).  Words produced on the computer and layered onto punched ovals (also SU).

I'm still nursing my injuries but as long as I'm careful not to make any sudden movements or bend down too often the aches and pains are bearable.  I'm still sporting a purple chin though and I guess that will turn all shades before it fades away.  Thanks for the good wishes and advice given in varous comments - much appreciated.I think another day of occupational therapy in the craft room might be advisable today.


11 comments:

  1. Love the vintage colour scheme and the silhouette. Hope you recover soon, sounds sore. x Lavinia

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful sympathy card Val, you've reminded me that I need to make some of these. I used the last one a couple of weeks ago. Glad you're slowly improving, and agree a craft room day is great therapy. Have fun.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Val. I love that cameo too. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do take it carefully. When I saw the title of your post I just sighed on your behalf..... but this is so right for Jane Austen & good thinking with the occasion too. Hope you have a good day.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this card Val, I'm going to pin it! The embossing is gorgeous, love all the framing. So sorry to hear about your fall, pain killers and arnica are a must! Take care
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful card Val and just love the soft colours with the black.
    Really sorry to hear of your fall and hope the pains and bruises go very soon.
    Thanks for joining in with our MMM Jane Eyre challenge - lovely to have your continued support.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ford gorgeous card, love the layout, thank you for joining us this week at MMM, Laura (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope the craft therapy works Val. love the card again.
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous card! LOVE the texture and patterns! I do hope that you get to feeling 100% again soon! Thanks for joining us at MMM! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is one of my favourites of yours Val. I adore the script background, the embossing and the monochromatic colour scheme. Hope you are soon on the mend. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  11. The card is lovely Val and I love that pretty cameo. Jane Eyre has been a favourite of mine since I was 11 years old (53 yrs, eeek). My then class teacher used to buy every one who passed their 11+ exam their classic book of choice and Jane Eyre was mine. I wore the original book out many years ago but have a replacement still going strong, lol!

    Glad you're injuries haven't stopped you crafting.

    Gentle hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete