Pages

Monday 18 March 2013

Monochrome

Monochrome for Make My Monday - how's that for alliteration?? - actually they are asking for a monochrome clean and simple card this week.  This is a style I shy away from mainly because of the distinct possibility, in my case, of getting unwanted marks or smudges, however I've managed a relatively clean result today (just don't ask why I decided it needed a tiny butterfly!!!).  Stamps are from Stampin' Up Summer Silhouettes set, recently acquired, cut out with Nestabilities.  Shades chosen were Perfect Plum and Pale Plum and the sentiment is a clear stamp from my colllection.  I think the CAS style is actually suited to cards for the less happy situations.  Do take a look on their blog to see what the design team have produced and maybe have a go yourself.



11 comments:

  1. Elegant card Val, even though its for a sad occasion. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the trellis effect combined with the scalloped rectangle border. I expect the butterfly flew onto the card & got stuck in some glue.........
    The soft colours are beatifully apt & I love the softness of the colours.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely CAS card Val...love how you have used your new stamps....


    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done on a lovely CAS card, I'm like you afraid of getting mucky finger prints on it somewhere.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab layout Val and I love the combination of Perfect and Pale Plum. I didn't know there was a pale one 'cos I love Perfectly Plum:)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a lovely card, perfect for our challenge.
    Thanks for playing along at Make My monday.
    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card Val fits the sad occasion. Hugs x ChrisB

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very elegant card Val. Love, Lena

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful elegant card, perfect for your chosen sympathy subject. Thanks for sharing with us at MMM one again, your support is so much appreciated. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  10. That set is on my wanted list, it's a lovely card in my favourite colours.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Val, this is just right both as a sympathy card and for the MMM CAS challenge thank you for joining us at MMM
    Suzi B xx

    ReplyDelete